Ensure that you have ticked off all aspects from the checklist below when you produce any type of text:
- What is the purpose?
- What is the context?
- Who is your audience?
- Opening, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, Closing
- Is the content organised logically?
- Have you used linking words and/or conjunctions?
- A wide variety of vocabulary and grammar structure
- Complexity of sentence structures
- Proofread for any spelling
- Is the language used appropriately for the context, purpose and audience?
- Consistency in tenses and politeness
- Ensure that you have satisfied the minimum word requirement
- Detailed information provided
Always remember to TEEL each paragraph.
- Topic sentence
- Linking sentence (Link, Compare or Contrast with previous or next ideas)
Marking Criteria for HSC Writing Components