Layer B (55 points required)
- Create a colour chart and label each colour with relevant vocabulary (Japanese). See examples below. (5 points)
- Kanji Competition: Find objects or scenes around you that are shaped like the kanji needed in this unit. Take a photo and draw the kanji on the photo. Post your entry on Classting. See example below. (10 points)
- Writing: Describe your friends: Complete Task 16 of Obento Supreme Student Workbook. (15 points)
- Speaking & Listening:
Work in pairs. Draw a person’s face. DO NOT show this to your partner yet!
Describe the face to your partner. Your partner will try to draw the face according to your description. Compare the two faces. (15 points)
- Reading: Complete Task 14, 21 and 24 of Obento Supreme Student Workbook. (20 points)
- Attempt the Obento Quiz on p.93 of Student Workbook – under test conditions. (20 points)*
- Speaking: Record a video presenting a photo of your family.
Describe your family members in terms of their physical appearances and personalities. Refer to ‘3. Joining adjectives in extended descriptions’ to enhance the complexity of language used. (30 points)