Students must choose at least one activity from each layer. For successful completion of the unit, attempt enough activities to add up to the required assessment points in each layer.
Activities with * are compulsory.
Before you start, create a title page (どんな人?) in your Japanese exercise book.
Glue the vocabulary (たんご), かんじ and grammar structure (ぶんぽう) pages in your exercise book.
Layer A (70 points required)
- Create a set of visual flashcards with all the words required for Unit 6. You may use Microsoft Word, Quizlet (http://quizlet.com) or Quizlet App to learn them on your devices or print them out. (5 points) *
- Complete the kanji (5 points) *
See stroke orders here.
- Watch the video, ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes Song’, in Japanese from http://bit.ly/1N5gwdq. You may also extend the song to include other body parts. Send a video of you singing the song with the action to the teacher through Google Drive. (5 points)
- Create a crossword (http://www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/) or word search (http://thewordsearch.com/maker/) on clothing items. (5 points)
- Vocabulary: Complete Task 1, 12 and 20 of Obento Supreme Student Workbook. (10 points)
- Refer to “1. Describing someone’s physical appearance” on ぶんぽう. Complete Task
10 and 15 of Obento Supreme Workbook. (10 points)
- Refer to Section 5 on ぶんぽう Search for photos of two (2) of your favourite celebrities. Write at least five (5) sentences each about what they are wearing. Post the photos and relevant descriptions on Classting. (10 points)*
- Reading & Listening: Refer to “1. Describing someone’s physical appearance” on ぶんぽう Complete Task 2 to 9 of Obento Supreme Student Workbook. (15 points)*
- Refer to Sections 1, 2 and 3 on ぶんぽう Read the dialogues in Task 17 in pairs and swap roles. Then write the description in English. Complete Task 19 and 22. (15 points)*